I have an article featured in the April 2016 Issue of Beacon DC called, “Adapt Your Home to be Livable for Years”. Here are some tips to help you stay at home for a lifetime.
- Plan ahead for one floor living.
- Eliminate tripping hazards
- Make sure doorways are wide enough, and that hallways and rooms have spacious areas for possible wheel chair of walker use.
- Install hand held shower, add grab bars in bathroom
- Use lever styled door handles instead of door knobs.
To read the article, go to The April 2016 issue of Beacon DC.